Home Remedies For Athletes Foot
Home Remedies For Athletes Foot
Quite a common skin problem, Athlete’s foot affects mostly men and young people. This skin problem can be found in the area between the toes, soles of feet fingernails and toenails. Athlete’s foot is caused by a fungus called “tinea pedis” living off the dead skin cells and thriving in moist warm places such as gyms, locker rooms, showers and swimming pools. If you come in contact with wet floors or touch infected socks and shoes, you can contract this disease. Below are ways to prevent athletes foot and home remedies for athletes foot that are sure to help.
Athlete Foot Symptoms
-Here are the most common athletes foot symptoms: burning sensation between affected areas, itching, redness, scaling and blistering.
Preventing Athlete’s foot –
– To combat athlete’s foot, keep your feet dry at all times. After drying your feet, remove any loose skin to allow penetration of medication to the infected area.
– Use medicated powder or baking soda in your shoes and socks to keep your feet dry. It will soak up some of the perspiration and help neutralize the skin.
– Wear cotton or absorbent socks and wash them in hot water with bleach.
– Give your shoes lots of space to breathe and ample time to dry before wearing them again.
– Wipe the inside of the shoes with white vinegar or spray a disinfectant.
– Use antiperspirants to keep down the sweating.
– Dry your feet thoroughly with towel or hair dryer.
Natural Home remedies for Athlete’s foot –
– Add 40 drops of tea tree oil to a small quantity of water or olive oil and soak your feet in it for 10 minutes. Towel dry your feet and blow dry to ensure no presence of any moisture. If you still find area still moist, put few drops of tea tree oil on the affected area.
– Dab diluted alcohol on affected area and allow it to dry. The alcohol dissolves the water; helps dry the skin and reduce the risk of attracting the fungus.
– Soak your feet in mixture of apple cider vinegar and water for 10 minutes daily until the symptoms disappear. Apple cider vinegar with its antifungal properties will relieve the itching, peeling and kill the fungus. Instead of soaking your feet, you can also coat the fungus with a cotton ball dipped in apple cider vinegar. For more great uses of apple cider vinegar read our article The Wonders And Blessings Of Apple Cider Vinegar
– Soak the feet in a solution of baking soda and water for about 30 minutes daily.
– Mix six tbsp of dried chaparral to one quart of boiling cheap whiskey or wine. Reduce and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove and steep for 8 hours. Soak your feet in this solution.
– Boil 4 cups of water, add 8-10 broken sticks of cinnamon; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; remove and steep for 45 minutes. Use as a foot bath. Cinnamon effectively combats both yeast and fungal infections.
If you have had athletes foot before and I have, you know exactly how nasty it can be. I had it for three straight years when I was a kid and it sucked. I sure wish I had known these great home remedies for athletes foot back then.
Check out our store for all your herbal and vitamin needs.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the site, and the writer.