How to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
There are many ways for how to get rid of motion sickness. We have compiled a great list of natural home remedies. Try these home remedies the next time you are feeling nausea from motion sickness.
Natural Home Remedies for How to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
- Cover you nose from any kind of odor that may cause this nauseating feeling. It can be engines fume, smell of dead fish or even the odor coming from the person sitting next to you.
- Try traveling at night as you may avoid the motion of vehicles.
- Get fresh air by opening the window of your car. Get down from the bus when it stops. Reach the deck and smell the ocean or sea when you are on a boat or a ship. Turn on the vent when in plane.
- Sleep well before you travel lack of sleep makes you tired and gives one more reason to suffer from motion sickness.
- Be seated and keep your head still this would help in alleviating the motion problem.
- If in a car sit in the front seat and focus on the road helping you to have a proper balance of your body and eye.
- Motion sickness is partially psychological so try to be more positive when you are traveling. Be stress-free and think of things which can make you happy.
- Avoid reading as it is one of the major causes for motion sickness no matter which mode of transport it is.
- Look at something stationery as it helps to keep the balance.
- Avoid eating too much before you travel as it increases your chances of triggering a motion sickness.
- While traveling avoid drinking too much alcohol as it makes your head twirl. If you are planning to drink, have it in less quantity.
- You can try sucking on crystallized ginger candy or make ginger tea by pouring hot boiling water over chopped ginger and also add brown sugar to it.
- Ginger works great against motion sickness as it absorbs acids and blocks the nausea in your gastrointestinal tract.
- Eating couple of olives on the first suggestion of nausea would surely help. As olive contains tannins to make your mouth dry and it does not trickle into your stomach which can make you nauseated.
- You can also suck of lemon to prevent this problem.
Motion Sickness Prevention from Food and Drinks
As you can see, there are many natural ways to cure motion sickness. Now you know how to get rid of motion sickness using natural, at home remedies.
Check out our store for all your herbal and vitamin needs.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the site, and the writer.