Home Remedies For Diaper Rash
[sb name=”Adsense 3250″]
Diaper rash can be extremely painful and uncomfortable for children. Below I explain how to prevent diaper rash and natural home remedies for diaper rash.
The common cause of diaper rash is that the diaper area is usually covered 24 hours with a diaper; that is often wet and messy as urine mixes with feces. The warm moist setting is just perfect for diaper rash eruption. Diaper rashes happen irrespective of whether your baby is wearing a disposable diaper or cloth nappy.
Preventing diaper rash –
– Change diapers as soon as they get wet and messy.
– Wash and dry baby’s bottom, paying special attention to creases and skin folds at each change.
– Avoid using too much pressure or scrubbing to the bottom of the baby. Wipe or pat gently.
– Wipe from front to back, as you will avoid transferring bacteria to the genital area.
– Dont tie or secure the diaper too tightly. Allow some room for air to flow inside.
– Avoid using harsh or perfumed soaps while washing cloth diapers.
– Avoid plastic diaper covers.
– Rinse cloth diapers thoroughly with very hot water.
– Change your baby’s diaper frequently
– Let your baby go bare bottom from 15min-30 min a few times a day. Exposing the baby’s skin to air is a natural way to healing.
Home remedies for diaper rash
– Wash the baby’s bottom with running tap water after every bowel movement to give diaper rash relief.
– Dab dry rash area with a soft cloth and apply Vaseline or any rash-free creams or gel.
– Put some oatmeal in the bath water. Keep swishing the water around the area that has the diaper rash for about 15 minutes.
– Mix corn starch & Vaseline to make a paste. Put it on the rash and rash will be gone by the next diaper change unless it is really bad.
– Generously rub the lanolin oil over affected area. The lanolin forms a waxy coating over the area allowing it to heal and not become re-irritated with every diaper
– Pour milk of magnesia all over the rash and next diaper change, the rash will be almost healed. Use until rash is disappears.
– Wash the baby’s bottom with warm water and dry it very good. Take vegetable oil and pour it in your hand. Then apply it to the diaper rash.
– Put plenty of Vaseline on baby and diaper. This forms a waterproof layer between baby’s skin and diaper.
– Applying Aquaphor or Mylanta to the rash area will give relief.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to something. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the site, and the writer.
Check out our store for all your herbal and vitamin needs.
Try these home remedies for diaper rash and other related natural remedies listed in skin complaints category